Saturday 10 August 2013

Vanilla Rainbow Cake

I can't believe it's been so long since i posted (must do better!)

My sister requested a 21st birthday cake for her friend and i took to google for ideas.

I've always loved the simple beauty of a rainbow cake, they are perfect unisex cake and because the suprise is inside, you can keep the outside fairly simple.

I must profess, i am a messy cook, i had multi coloured finger prints everywhere but it actually found it really relaxing to make, despite only have 2 sandwich tins.

The sponge and buttercream are both vanilla and it turned out mighty tall but tasty.







3 comments:

  1. Lovely strong colours - love the purple layer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, weirdly that's the colour I had to make as I thought I had purple in the house :-)

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to make a rainbow cake for ages but never gotten round to it. Yours looks perfect - such stunning colours!

    ReplyDelete